Interior designers, architects and trade reps, we're looking forward to hosting you at our Rosé & Chocolate Bar!
The chocolate will be by local, award winning Wildwood. Their handcrafted chocolate won the Best Chocolate in America 2021 - Food and Wine!
Uniquely minding the gap between tailored and tribal, our Nordica Collection incorporates multiple pile techniques and quirky textures set against clever and evocative patterns.
Can't make it in? Order a sample box right NOW! (Interior designers only, please.)
#designers #interiors #interiordesign #designerrugs
Designers, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org to rsvp. We look forward to hosting you at our new trade showroom.
I’m sitting in front of an installation that I cobbled together called, “Exploding Book Wall.” Opening a book sparks kinetic energy that moves our mind into a new state. The wall celebrates the critical impact books have had in shaping my life.
Growing up in the small town of Peru IL, I felt trapped. The town library became my hallowed refuge. It was an analog portal to ideas, experiences and adventures beyond the cornfields, and self-imposed limitations. In the quiet, I was lost in words and found again in equal measure.
Outside the arena of business, I’m a fairly insular person. Creating Kush with my biz partner Rebecca Lurie has birthed moments of growth and connection that otherwise would have passed me by.
One such connection was found with fellow book lover Chris Saliga. We had a spirited conversation about our shared love of the written word. Upon discovering we are both a bit nerdy for sci-fi, he promised to forward Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. Low and behold, said book arrived and made me smile. Beginning a new book is exciting and I look forward to sharing impressions with Chris when our paths cross again.
In the comments, throw in a few books that left an imprint on you.
For me, it would be:
-The Pugilist at Rest, Thom Jones
- Ariel, Sylvia Plath
- Dune, Frank Herbert
Here’s to reading, exploring, and the organic connections that knot us together. Read on friends.
Designers, architects, and vendors to the design community, please join us in raising a glass and rocking out. Attendance is limited to 25 and is filling up fast! Please email Brian@kushrugs.com to reserve your spot on the mic.
We’re just starting to talk to potential candidates for our opening below. Should we be talking with you? If so, please reach out to Brian@kushrugs.com
Kush Rugs is an independent, high-end rug company dedicated to exceptional service and quality, innovative products. We strive to provide a fun, collaborative and personable experience for our team members and clients.
We are seeking a professional Trade Sales Associate who has experience with high-end clientele and a commitment to generating new business. The Trade Associate role has a strong emphasis on in person outreach and marketing. Travel is required.
- Proven sales, prospecting, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability and drive to generate new relationships and business, and to nurture those prospects in the long term
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and open to feedback
- Familiarity with interior design concepts and color work is preferred
- Sell handmade rugs, facilitate custom rug design and sales
- Cultivate relationships with clients to generate new and repeat business
- Implement Designer & Architect presentations locally and in out-of-state target markets
- Participate in events to increase showroom traffic and business
- Gain and maintain fluent product knowledge
- Possess, or develop the the ability to sell custom rugs
- Oversee and monitor full sales life cycle to ensure client satisfaction
Prospecting and Sales
- Develop strategic prospecting plans to the trade that have weekly, monthly, and yearly targets
- Maintain an active presence on Instagram and other relevant social platforms
- Maintain a sample lending program
- Attend networking meetings for designers and architects
- Develop and maintain outside territories
- Out of state travel required
- Lift, carry, pull, and push up to 50 pounds
- Current driver's license and clean driving record
- Base salary plus commission
- Health Care Plan
- Phone Stipend
- 144 hours of PTO annually, which includes the week between Xmas and New Years as paid holiday time off
- Simple IRA - 3% match after a year of employment
Kush Rugs on Vimeo.
Kush is fueled by our hard working and creative team. Want to know more?
Get to know the personalities your interior design reps. Sean and Michael share a few thoughts on the best restaurants in Portland, their fave museums, colors and more.
Thanks to all of the design firms and showrooms that participated in the inaugural Design Dash! It's going to be an annual fall event and open to more firms next year. We look forward to dashing with you then!
Brian awarded the Kush Rugs prize to Betsy and Mackenzie of Dailey Design Studio. It was a delight to see how excited they were.
When visiting with clients, one theme that keeps coming up is the lack of community over the last two years. To rectify that void, Kush is going to host a series of small happy hours. Our goal is to provide designers an opportunity to unplug and unwind with peers.
We hope that you and your team drop in for a cocktail on Thursday, October 27th from 4:30 - 6:30.
Invite your favorite rep, or vendor. Let's get back to building connection in the in the design community.
Goodbye Zoom & hello phone-free FaceTime!
Thank you to the interior designers, architects, vendors, reps, and Kush supporters that helped celebrate the opening of our new space! After three moves and a substantial build out, we hope to be at 1826 NW 18th ave. for a very loooooong time.
One of the great joys of being a part of the design community is hosting and attending trade events. Stump-town is a city of creatives, makers, mold breakers and trend setters. We are grateful to play a part in the talented, vibrant, Portland design scene. There's no where else we would rather work, live and build a business in.
Team Kush looks forward to seeing you at the next soiree!