Shipping & Returns
Congratulations on your Kush Rug!
Please unwrap your rug as soon as possible. Take care to not cut into the rug or fringe while unwrapping.
Crease marks from shipping should disappear in about a week or two after unwrapping. To accelerate the process, back-roll or reverse roll the carpet before laying flat.
For stubborn creases, use a steamer, or the steam from an iron on the crease. Please don’t place an iron directly on the rug. Take care not to over wet the rug. Then back-roll or reverse roll the carpet before laying flat.
If you are not installing immediately, please unwrap, unfold, and re-roll straight (with no folds) . Rugs stored folded will develop deep crease marks.
Rugs for long term storage should be wrapped in breathable paper like kraft / tyvek paper and the seams taped to prevent rug pests. Store the rug in a cool, dry environment off the ground. Don’t place anything on top of the rug that could compress the fibers.
Registered trade clients may have rugs and samples shipped on memo. Kush covers domestic, ground shipping one way for most rugs and samples. Clients are responsible for any return freight.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return. A return label will be provided. Please securely wrap the rug in the extra wrapping provided. Items must be dropped off at UPS.
Refunds will post in 14 business days after receipt of rug. You will receive an e-mail notification once your return has been processed.
Any returns shipped without a return authorization will not be refunded.
During our annual designer sale, clients are responsible for all freight.
Tracking information will be provided by email.
- All deliveries are curbside. We do not ship to PO boxes.
Care & Cleaning
Spot Cleaning Rugs
If you are unsure how to proceed with a spill, Kush recommends calling Renaissance Rug Cleaning Inc. t: 503.963.8565
- For liquid spills, start by blotting with a clean white towel.
- Gently remove as much of a spot, or spill as possible with a towel, or vacuum before using cleaning products.
- Do not use over the counter products. Many cleaning products are too aggressive for handmade rugs.
- A mild spot cleaning solution can be made with 1-2 drops of hand dish detergent to a cup of warm water. Blot, never scrub.
- Test all spotting products in a inconspicuous area first.
- Work from the outer edge of the spot towards the center.
- Some spots are best handled by a professional; such as ink, oil, paint spills, dried wine, and old pet spots. Traditional hand washing is usually able to address most cleaning dilemmas.
- Our rugs should be hand washed by a specialist. In Portland Oregon, Kush highly recommends Renaissance Rug Cleaning.
- Cleaning intervals depend on your environment and use of the rug. We advise having your rug washed every 3 - 5 years. Rugs in commercial settings, or high traffic areas such as kitchens, require more frequent cleaning.
- If your beautiful rug takes on a dull appearance, it's probably time for a cleaning!
- Rugs should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and lessen the build up of soil.
- Kush Rugs recommends a suction based vacuum that has variable suction, such as a Miele.
- If you have a beater bar vacuum, raise the bar to its maximum height.
- If you are planning to store your rug, please have it cleaned first.
- Rugs should be rolled straight without folding and wrapped in a breathable material such as kraft paper.
- Place on dry shelf in a temperature controlled space.