Care and Cleaning
Spot Cleaning Rugs
If you are unsure how to proceed with a spill, Kush recommends calling Renaissance Rug Cleaning Inc. t: 503.963.8565
- For liquid spills, start by blotting with a clean white towel.
- Gently remove as much of a spot, or spill as possible with a towel, or vacuum before using cleaning products.
- Do not use over the counter products. Many cleaning products are too aggressive for handmade rugs.
- A mild spot cleaning solution can be made with 1-2 drops of hand dish detergent to a cup of warm water. Blot, never scrub.
- Test all spotting products in a inconspicuous area first.
- Work from the outer edge of the spot towards the center.
- For oil based spots, apply rubbing alcohol to a towel in small amounts and blot the spot.
- Some spots are best handled by a professional; such as ink, paint spills, dried wine, and old pet spots. Traditional hand washing is usually able to address most cleaning dilemmas.
- If you are planning to store your rug, please have it cleaned first.
- Rugs should be rolled straight without folding and wrapped in a breathable material such as kraft paper.
- Place on dry shelf in a temperature controlled space.
- Rugs should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and lessen the build up of soil.
- Kush Rugs recommends a suction based vacuum that has variable suction, such as a Miele.
- If you have a beater bar vacuum, raise the bar to its maximum height.
- Our rugs should be hand washed by a specialist. In Portland Oregon, Kush highly recommends Renaissance Rug Cleaning.
- Cleaning intervals depend on your environment and use of the rug. We advise having your rug washed every 3 - 5 years. Rugs in commercial settings, or high traffic areas such as kitchens, require more frequent cleaning.
- If your beautiful rug takes on a dull appearance, it's probably time for a cleaning!
Shipping & Returns
In stock rugs purchased through our website may be returned within 7 days of receipt for a full refund, minus return freight costs.
Refunds are given in the original form of payment.
Sales are final after 7 days.
Item must be in original condition. Damaged, soiled or altered items will not be accepted for return.
*This return policy applies to in stock items purchased through www.kushrugs.com.
Special orders and custom items are final sales.
Rugs purchased at our annual sale are final.
Call us at 503.231.0700 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the return process. A return label will be provided by email and the return shipping cost will be deducted from refund. Item must be securely packed for return. Be sure to remove or cover any other labels. Items must be dropped off at UPS.
Refunds will post in 5 - 10 business days after receipt of rug. You will receive an e-mail notification once your return has been processed.
Kush will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any items returned without a valid return authorization. Any returns shipped without a return authorization will not be refunded.
Kush Rugs offers complimentary ground shipping for in stock rugs to the continental United States. Clients are responsible for any return freight. For AK, HI, and international shipments, please contact Kush for a freight quote.
Most in stock rugs arrive in 5 - 15 business days from ship date. Tracking information will be provided by email. If the rug you selected is back ordered, or significantly delayed, Kush Rugs will contact you. Clients may cancel back ordered rugs within 3 days of email notification.
An adult signature is required for all orders, unless waived by client via email. Client assumes all liability if adult signature is waived.
All deliveries are curb side. We do not ship to PO boxes.